This may not be spicy, but it sure is delicious! Not your typical chicken cordon bleu, this recipe will leave you wondering why you haven’t made this before. Unless you don’t like blue cheese, your whole family will love this dish. Rated a “One Chile” heat level so even the wussies in the family can eat it. Enjoy with rice!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 2 tbsp butter, softened
- 1 tsp dried thyme
- 2 scotch bonnet peppers, seeded & sliced thinly
- 1 cup mild blue cheese
- 8 bacon strips
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Flatten chicken breasts to 1/8-in thickness, spread butter on the insides and then sprinkle with thyme, orageno, and garlic powder.
- Top with a few slices of the scotch bonnet pepper & evenly spread the blue cheese on each chicken
- Roll each chicken up tightly and wrap with two slices of bacon and secure with toothpicks.
- Place the chicken on a greased baking sheet. Bake, uncovered, at 350 degrees for approximately 40-45 minutes or until chicken juices run clear.