An Indian twist on an American favorite! Try the Spicy Indian Scrambled Eggs and you won’t be disappointed. This dish is best for breakfast but is delicious for anytime of the day. We have rated this recipe at a “two chile” heat content, so you won’t be burning too badly.
- 4 Eggs
- 1/4 Tsp. Ground Cumin
- Pinch of Tumeric
- 1 Tsp. Kosher Salt
- 1 Tbsp. Vegetable Oil
- 1 Small Red Onion, chopped
- 1 Small Hot Red or Green Chile, seeded and minced
- 1 Garlic Clove, minced
- 1 1/2 Tsp. Ginger, minced
- 1 Tomato, seeded and diced
- Pinch of Sugar
- 2 Tsp. Cilantro, chopped
- Toast for serving
- In a large bowl, whisk the eggs with the cumin, turmeric, and 1/2 tsp. of salt.
- In a medium nonstick skillet, heat the oil. Add the onion, chile, garlic, and ginger. Cook over high heat until onion begins to brown.
- Add the tomato, season with remainder salt and the sugar and cook for 1 minute.
- Reduce the heat to low and pour in the eggs. Cook, stirring constantly until the eggs are set (approx 1 minute).
- Fold in the cilantro and serve with the toast.